“When I started the therapy I was in bad shape and could barely do the gentle exercises they gave me. But I improved with each session and did the exercises at home and still do them. The whole experience was very rewarding and I’d like to thank all the therapists who worked with me. I never had a bad experience and have only very good memories or it. Thanks to everyone!”
James, 74, Osteoporosis and Lumbar
Do I need a doctor’s referral before going to physical therapy?
- There is direct access for a limited number of visits to physical therapy without seeing a doctor.
- A doctor’s referral is required for Medicare coverage.
- Insurance payment is based on medical necessity as determined by your medical insurance.
- A referral from your physician supports medical necessity.
- Most insurance companies require a referral from an MD that contains a diagnosis, frequency and duration.
What should I bring to my first visit?
Please come 15 minutes early to allow time to complete the paperwork.
- Your insurance card.
- If you have Medicare, please bring your secondary or supplemental insurance card.
- Your signed MD referral.
- If a patient is a minor, a parent or guardian must accompany the patient for the first visit.
- A payment towards your co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible will be collected. We accept MC, VISA, personal check, or cash.
What are your hours and how soon can I be seen for an appointment?
- Our Los Gatos facility takes their first appointment at 7:00 am and their last appointment at 6:00 pm.
- Our Willow Glen facility takes their first appointment at 7:30 am and their last appointment at 5:30 pm.
- Both are Monday through Friday.
- Will depend on the day, time and/or therapist desired.
Will you bill my insurance company?
- We are PPO providers with most major insurance companies and will bill them daily electronically.
- We are out of network providers for United Healthcare, but will bill them if you have out of network benefits.
- If you have Medicare, we will bill both Medicare and your supplemental/secondary insurance.
- We bill Works Compensation insurances directly.
- We do not bill any HMO plans.
- We do not bill 3rd party payers. You would be responsible for the full amount at each visit. Upon discharge, we will provide you with an itemized statement to submit for reimbursement.
- We do not accept attorney liens.
Do I need to pay at each visit?
- Yes, a payment towards your co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible will be collected. We accept MC, VISA, personal check or cash.
What if I don’t have insurance?
- The cost of your visit will vary depending on the treatment received at each appointment.
- Visits vary from $80-$180.
- To discuss financial consideration, please contact our business office at (408) 979-2300.
How long are the appointments?
- Treatment time varies depending on the procedures and your strengthening program.
- 30 minutes will be directly with your therapist and you will be performing therapeutic activities for 30-45 minutes.
- You should allow about an hour to complete your appointment.