Do I need a doctor’s referral before going to physical therapy?
- There is direct access for a limited number of visits to physical therapy without seeing a doctor.
- A doctor’s referral is required for Medicare coverage.
- Insurance payment is based on medical necessity as determined by your medical insurance.
- A referral from your physician supports medical necessity.
- Most insurance companies require a referral from an MD that contains a diagnosis, frequency and duration.
What should I bring to my first visit?
Please come 15 minutes early to allow time to complete the paperwork.
- Your insurance card.
- If you have Medicare, please bring your secondary or supplemental insurance card.
- Your signed MD referral.
- If a patient is a minor, a parent or guardian must accompany the patient for the first visit.
- A payment towards your co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible will be collected. We accept MC, VISA, personal check, or cash.
What are your hours and how soon can I be seen for an appointment?
- Our Los Gatos facility takes their first appointment at 7:00 am and their last appointment at 6:00 pm.
- Our Willow Glen facility takes their first appointment at 7:30 am and their last appointment at 5:30 pm.
- Both are Monday through Friday.
- Will depend on the day, time and/or therapist desired.
Will you bill my insurance company?
- We are PPO providers with most major insurance companies and will bill them daily electronically.
- We are out of network providers for United Healthcare, but will bill them if you have out of network benefits.
- If you have Medicare, we will bill both Medicare and your supplemental/secondary insurance.
- We bill Works Compensation insurances directly.
- We do not bill any HMO plans.
- We do not bill 3rd party payers. You would be responsible for the full amount at each visit. Upon discharge, we will provide you with an itemized statement to submit for reimbursement.
- We do not accept attorney liens.
Do I need to pay at each visit?
- Yes, a payment towards your co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible will be collected. We accept MC, VISA, personal check or cash.
What if I don’t have insurance?
- The cost of your visit will vary depending on the treatment received at each appointment.
- Visits vary from $80-$180.
- To discuss financial consideration, please contact our business office at (408) 979-2300.
How long are the appointments?
- Treatment time varies depending on the procedures and your strengthening program.
- 30 minutes will be directly with your therapist and you will be performing therapeutic activities for 30-45 minutes.
- You should allow about an hour to complete your appointment.